background image

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

What Does The Future Hold?

The end of June brought my son turning four into our lives. This year will be big changes for both of us, as I've been lucky enough to be a stay-at-home-Mom for the last four years. 

I was hoping I'd be Mommy to two at this point but have told my hubby that if I'm not knocked up by 2013, I'm not having another baby. My son will be turning five and going into full-day kindergarten and I'll have the time to turn my attentions to myself again. At least while he is in school.

I'm honestly at a loss.

There are a few careers I've been looking into, but nothing that strikes me as fascinating other than becoming a certified GIA appraiser for jewellery and gemstones. The options to do that job are quite varied, from working in a jewellery store, doing private appraisals of jewellery and gemstones in private residences or via jewellery clinics, to examining gems either lab or naturally created in a private lab setting. (and after 10 years of working with customers prior to having Jake, I'm a bit burnt out of working with the general populace.)

What would you choose if faced with an option for a complete change of career? What's your dream job?

No comments:

Post a Comment