I learned how to use a sewing machine properly, and actually cared about how to use it LOL! Grade eight home ec. didn't quite cut it for me. I made curtains, 3 quilts, hemmed a dozen pairs of pants, 2 halloween costumes (one for the boy, one for my cousin).
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
last year, I decided to not play the addictive yet inane "Farmville" I quit on New Years day, and stopped entirely. I tried to start it again just because I was bored one evening, but got so frustrated with the amount of "work" required to "grow" virtual plants I blocked it within an hour.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No one this year, hopefully me in 2013. (No, I'm not pregnant yet but we're working on it!)
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My Husband's step-son passed away in a tragic accident while camping this Summer. It was very hard on him.
5. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Things will be changing quite a lot this year, as it's the first year my son goes to school in September.
6. What countries did you visit?
I stayed in Canada this year.
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:
No specific dates, per say... The adoption of our kitty, Sir George of Ginger, my son's 4th birthday, My cousin's luau themed birthday party at my house, the hubby's niece getting married, our annual camping trip with family friends, and our 2nd Wedding Anniversary date all were fun! This summer was busy and enjoyable!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I kicked 3 items off of my bucket list, and I'm working on my 4th.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I can't pinpoint any particular thing that screams overwhelming failure. A failed friendship with an old friend would be probably the biggest failure of 2012.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I fainted this summer and bonked my head on the patio from the pain of landing wrong on my foot and twisting my ankle. It was extremely surreal, I had visions when I fainted!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Ipad! I love it!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Jake. the same as last year! He's gone from my argumentative three year old to an incessantly creative 4!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A friend, who unfortunately is no longer a friend.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The Richmond Night Market with my cuz, which is a yearly ritual with us. Having a paycheque for the first time in years! I did babysitting over the summer and got to spend it on whatever I wanted.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Psy- Gangnam Style!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Much happier!
ii. thinner or fatter? probably fatter. possibly about the same. I don't own a scale in my house.
iii. richer or poorer? richer.
Okay, Meme, let me take a stab at that:
i) more or less like Justin Beaver - Uhh... I couldn't give two shiny shits and a brass knuckle.
ii) more or less likely to decide inanimate objects looked like boobs - Everyone loves tits.
iii) more or less likely to watch Glee – I'll watch this season, though it's pretty abysmal.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
More activities with Jake, we did skating lessons and this spring we will be doing swimming lessons.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Sitting on my big fat ass, stuffing my gob. LOL!
20. How will you be spending/how did you spend Christmas?
At my home. With my cousins, parents and my guys.
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
I rekindled my romance with my husband. Things are better. Much better.
22. How many one-night stands?
What is sex? I forget.
23. What was your favorite TV program?
I rewatched the entirety of Red Dwarf (bbc) on Netflix over the course of a month or so. 10 seasons! It was great.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth, Graceling, Bitterblue and Fire by Kristen Cashore was excellent. 50 shades of Grey was ok, but nothing to reread. The Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson was fantaaaastic, The Hunger Games Trilogy was awesome, I also reread the Ender's game series Both the Speaker for the Dead spinoffs and the Ender's shadow spinoffs. My sister-in-law leant me The Host by Stephanie Meyer and that was enjoyable too. I read it in about two days. There was a lot of reading this year. I tried to get into the Nicholas Flamel Alchemyst series, but I just didn't dig it all that much. I got the first three books cheapie on Amazon.ca, and I think I got halfway through the second book before I decided it was dull. The Birthmarked trilogy by Caragh M. O'Brian was excellent as well. Most of them are Y/A novels, but still enjoyable to me. I don't like "heavy" books, these were reasonably well written and gave me some adventure to enjoy. I do dig dystopian society novels.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
My favourite musician, Fiona Apple released a new album this year. I was in heaven.
27. What did you want and get?
28. What was your favourite film of this year?
The Avengers, Madagascar 3, The Hobbit. Napoleon Dynamite is a recurring favourite. It might not be "new" but it's always enjoyed. Magic Mike was great eye candy but the movie -unfortunately- blows. Ah well, at least I got to see a nude, golden Joe Manganiello!
That sucked. I'm going to make up a new question:
a) Where are your pants?
on my fat, fat ass.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 32. I can't remember what I did for my actual birthday, but I know that two of my cousins and a good girlfriend took me out to one of those private Korean karaoke room rental places where we sang our little hearts out, and put the soft-core porn background on to throw each other off during songs. It was awesome. Especially during Disney princess songs.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Leaps and bounds improved. comfortable and stylish. I feel new!
34. What kept you sane?
My friends. Sylvie and our late night jaunts to Walmart, or to go to the theatres, or just chatty visits after Jake was in bed.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Mmmmm. Joe Manganiello! Delicious, beardy, muscly goodness.
|Oh. My. God. (To my husband: I love you, honey.)|
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
obviously the Obama/Romney Election. I was pretty vocal about the Enbridge Northern Gateway pipeline through northern British Columbia. Which, in my humble opinion, is a complete disaster waiting to happen.
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Ugh, the pressure! Everybody that wasn't douchey?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:
Nothing happens unless you're proactive. You'll never know what you can do if you don't try.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: