background image

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

God Help Me...

At this exact moment in time, I am pointedly ignoring my child on his 30,000,000th foray out of bed TONIGHT alone; before I lose my shit, everywhere.

This is his big game to play when I just want the day to be over, and please! please! please! Some peace and quiet.

It's not worth me losing my sanity if he chooses to fall asleep with the light on and on the floor. It isn't gonna hurt him, I guess... But it doesn't mean I have to like it!

Obviously the previous 30,000,000 attempts with everything from books, songs, cuddles, stuffies, you name it, have been good for nothing but frustration on my part and big laughs on his.

What a jerk.



**Post script addition**

After a lengthy time-out, and quite a few tears on my son's cheeks, he was snoring in bed at 1030pm. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment