background image

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It's a Magical Mystery Tour...


In a conversation on the phone today with my friend Heather, (in a roundabout way of course) we started to discuss John Lennon, and in particular his son Julian Lennon (who btw, he was apparently a huge douchebag towards.) and Julian's mother Cynthia Lennon, where I read a quote about Cynthia and Yoko's relationship with each other. I'm just going to quote it here, copied and pasted directly from Wikipedia.
Ono's relationship with John Lennon's first wife, Cynthia Lennon remains strained. In her 2006 biography, John, (London: Hodder; U.S.: Crown Publishing) Cynthia Lennon portrays Ono as a selfish, spiteful woman. In the book, she describes learning about Ono's control over John (who referred to Ono as "mother") in the period in the mid-1970s when Ono chose May Pang to be John's companion. Cynthia hypothesizes that John had a "mother complex," allowing himself to be dominated by strong women and draws a parallel between his relationship with Ono and that with his domineering aunt Mimi Smith in childhood.[verification needed]
Wait, I'm sorry... What? He referred to Yoko Ono as "Mother"? Really?! And he was banging her?

Think about that for a moment. "Mother."

Okay, I'm never going to be able to think of John Lennon in the same context ever again, I just have his lazy Liverpool accent running over and over in my head (with an echo no less!) saying "Oh, Mother!" and I feel like vomiting. John Lennon had an Oedipus complex, really?! With YOKO ONO. Eeeeewwwwwww.

Anyone that knows me well knows I married a man almost 16 years my senior. That's right, I'm 30, and my husband is 46. It's not something that I was actively looking for, I wasn't on the prowl for a hot silver fox or anything like that, he just happened to be the right person at the right time in my life, and things worked out for themselves. I'm sure people don't care, and judge me regardless. Whatever, it's my life not theirs..

I'm also pretty certain that everybody and their dog thinks I have an Oedipus complex of my own, but the truth is, it couldn't be any farther from the truth. I actually get really annoyed when Cliff tries to "daddy" me, (as in by trying to teach me or boss me around like I'm a kid) and if he asked me "Who's your daddy?" mid-coitus, I'd probably throw him off and make a wild dash for the nearest toilet to heave my dirty feelings away.

Cliff has more in common with my maternal grandfather (from what I know of him, I wasn't super close to him when he was alive) than my Dad anyways. both are flytyers, both avid fishermen, both love hockey and world war 1 and 2 history documentaries, both fall asleep on the couch after a long day at work and snort indignantly when I attempt to change the channel, saying "I was watching that!" when they and I both know they were sleeping.

And Hey!!! That doesn't mean I wanted to fuck my Grandpa, either.

I'll just stick with Harrison, since he was the quiet cute one in The Beatles.

Even if he does look like Spock in this picture.



Current music: Que Onda Guero - Beck
Album: Guero

No comments:

Post a Comment