background image

Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 in review, a MEME from My Aunt Becky

1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
I registered a URL for a blog. This is the first time I've ever owned a website. Kinda neat, but sad that at the same time this is all I can think of for firsts. Maybe our first family photoshoot, or my first wedding anniversary.

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
In the past 4 years I have flat out refused to do any sort of New Years Resolution, my NYR's are started before the 1st of January, (or at least planned out) or started sometime in March. This year is something different, and I quite honestly feel like I am wasting my borrowed time on this earth. I'm singularly unhealthy, both weight and physically, you can see it in my skin, in my bodyshape, and in the way I feel inside. It's crackdown time, but it's not necessarily a "New Years Resolution". It's a necessity resolution to myself so I don't fucking kill myself from my own stupidity. Also I'm hoping to lose 50lbs by August. We'll see. I just have to stick to it.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yep, my cousin's and his fiancee had a very handsome little lad, and my friends Kristine and Chris had a lovely little miss who I got to snuggle at less than a day old. Squee!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nope, not this year... At least I don't think so?


5. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Confidence in my body.

6. What countries did you visit?
I stayed in Canada this year.

7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:
My first anniversary.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Nothing I can definitively answer this year. How depressing.

9. What was your biggest failure?
The lack of achievement in 2011. I was very "overwhelmed" and depressed all year long. Time to put on my big girl panties and deal! Also, I accidentally washed my kids' ipod touch in the washing machine. There was a lot of cursing happening in the laundry room while I scalded the shit out of my arms/hands searching frantically for it in the screaming hot water and sheets.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing major. A couple of colds. I suppose crippling anxiety at parts in my year would classify as an illness.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My 4th gen, 64gb ipod touch. Technically my husband bought it for me, for Mother's day/birthday gift.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Jake. The leaps and bounds he's made in development, both attitude wise and vocabulary and mental developmentally is amazing. He amazes me every day.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Mine.

14. Where did most of your money go?
I don't have an income. Ask my husband.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Glee, which dammit, has been VERY disappointing both season 2 and the beginning of season 3.

16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Adele - One and Only.




17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

i. happier or sadder? Sadder, however, more determined than ever to smarten this life of mine around.

ii. thinner or fatter? Ugh, Fatter, is my guess.
iii. richer or poorer? I'm not the moneybags.

Okay, Meme, let me take a stab at that:

i) more or less like Justin Beaver - Uhh... I couldn't give two shiny shits and a brass knuckle.
ii) more or less likely to decide inanimate objects looked like boobs - Everyone loves tits.
iii) more or less likely to watch Glee – About the same, but if it's true that C. Colfer and Lea Michelle are leaving after this season, it will def. be my last. This season is awful so far.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
More shit outside my house. Somewhere in the last couple of years I became reclusive to the point of ridiculous. This is completely out of character for me, and not a good example for my son.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Sitting on my big fat ass, stuffing my gob. LOL!

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
At home. With my cousins and my guys.

21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
No. I'm feeling particularly jaded.

22. How many one-night stands?
What is sex? I forget.

23. What was your favorite TV program?
Big Bang Theory, which was a marathon of all 5 seasons in a week, this summer it was True Blood on HBO. I don't really watch more than that. Glee... well... That's been covered already.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope.

25. What was the best book you read?
I enjoyed Jacqueline Carey's newest spinoff of the Kushiel's dart series (Nama'ah's kiss, curse etc...) and I just finished reading the four books Cliff got me for Christmas, (4 books in five days, Yeah it's sick...) by JR Ward, the Fallen angel series: Covet, Crave and Envy. They were enjoyable and a nice spinoff of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series that she writes.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Herp-a-derrrrppppp.... Uh... Probably Adele's 21, and Micheal Buble's Christmas album is awesome. It was on every day until Christmas in my house.

27. What did you want and get?
Mah iPod upgrade!

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Thor was enjoyable. Napoleon Dynamite is a recurring favourite. It might not be "new" but it's always enjoyed.

That sucked. I’m going to make up a new question:

a) Where are your pants?
on my fat, fat ass.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 31. I can't remember what I did for my birthday. I know it was a pretty good weekend, that's all I can vaguely recall.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More cowbell?

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Fashion? Yoga pants and a few knit sweaters. Tank tops and shorts in the summer.

34. What kept you sane?
My friends. My trip out to Victoria this summer by myself, which was my first holiday sans family.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
No one.

edit: I totally freaking lied. Joe Manganiello. Phwoar! The only Celebrity crush I've had since I was 13 and obsessed with Jonathan Brandis. (RIP, JB.)
 
Oh. My. God. (To my husband: I love you, honey.)


36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Nothing, really. I voted this year.

37. Who did you miss?
Christmas was hard without my parents this year.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Ugh, the pressure! Everybody that wasn't douchey?

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
Nothing happens unless you're proactive. You'll never know what you can do if you don't try.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Uh... No.

1 comment:

  1. Melanie here! I enjoyed this piece, please email me--I have a question about your blog. MelanieLBowen[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete